The UCE Leadership - Scholarships
Leadership Scholarships are awarded by the UCE Scholarship Fund annually. The student must have contributed as a leader to FIT and their home community during their two years at FIT. The Leadership – Scholarship award of up to $3,000 is presented upon the start of the fall semester.
Minimum requirements for all of the UCE Leadership Scholarships are:
- Leadership: active in FIT student life and home communities;
- Scholarship: a GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Will be an FIT upper division student in Fall 2018;
- An interview by the entire Scholarship Committee;
- Complete the two-year FIT AAS program by May 2018;
- Each nominated student must complete a detailed questionnaire;
- Eligible to participate in AAS commencement ceremonies in May;
- Maximum of 6 transfer credits towards their FIT AAS degree;
- Nominees must provide three letters of reference (at least two from FIT faculty)
There are five different awards. One has the minimum requirements listed above. In addition, there are further requirements for the four named awards – they are the Louis Stollar, George Levinson, Joseph Garofalo and Judith Parkas scholarships.
The UCE Scholarship Awards Committee screens completed questionnaires & interviews select nominees for leadership, service & academic qualifications. The committee names the final candidates. Formal announcement of winners takes place at the Deans’ awards ceremony and names are printed in the Commencement Booklet.
SCHOLARSHIP FUND TRUSTEES
Isabella Bertoletti, President
Eric Ramirez, Executive Vice President
Paul Clement, VP of Finance/Treasurer
Loretta Volpe, VP of Communications
Shawn Grain Carter, Secretary
Contributions are welcome at any time. Please make your check payable to the UCE Scholarship Fund and mail it to: UCE Scholarship Fund
Seventh Avenue at West 27th Street, Room B902
New York, NY 10001
The UCE Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, TAX ID# 20-5422759.
Contributions are tax deductible under section 170 of the IRS code.
We are a private foundation as recognized by the IRS.